Thursday, July 31, 2008

Training for the Ravelympics: Yarn Shopping

So I’ve been kinda going back and forth with what exactly I’m going to knit for the Ravelympics2008. I’ve already put in a sweater and joined that event. At first I was thinking I’d do the Ribbed Zip Cardigan in Last minute knits. But I’m really not feeling that just yet. What I do want to knit, or should I say desperately want to knit is the Green Gables Sweater from the Vogue Fall/Winter 08. I’m fearful that this may be a bit too ambitious. Can I really knit that in such a limited time?

So in preparation for this attempt…if I can keep up my nerve and actually attempt this borderline insane plan. I’ve purchased the yarn for the project. I’m actually really excited over the yarn I bought. I ordered from Webs yarn.com, Debbie Bliss Donegal Chunky Tweed. I really wanted a golden like color and thought this yarn will be great. Plus the yardage should be right on and best of all it was on sale.

So now all I have to do is wait for the yarn…..waiting really isn’t one of my better skills but what can I do.

Back up plan: I’ve joined the Sock Put too. I figure if the Sweater is too ambitious there’s always plenty of socks and sock yarns.

No comments: