Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mystic Meadows is off the needles

Well I’ve finished Mystic Meadows. I really enjoyed knitting this project and really feel much more comfortable in my lace knitting and in fact knitting all together after this project. I feel like now with the lace charts, I can read my knitting and fix it much much much easier. So in that sense this project was a great success. However, (there had to be a however right) I am more then just a little disappointed with the yarn. I bought 3 skeins of the same yarn, same dye lot and everything and have three very different looking variegation of that color way. In skein form they all looked the same but in fabric form not at all. I am a little heart broken because the shawl when spread out looks absolutely horrible; it looks like I used three different yarns. So I think my advice for this is when using Araucania Ranco only use it on projects that use a single skein or that require striping because the results are more then a little bad. But as long as the shawl it's laid out flat it doesn't look that bad.

I'm still struggling for a picture. Hopefully one to come later.

No comments: