Thursday, July 10, 2008

Watermelon


So I left work on Wednesday feeling a little bummed. I’ve interviewed for a new position in the parent company of my current employer. I had hoped to hear back about the job. So when it came time to leave feeling a little depressed and doubtful about the prospect of the new position I decided I needed a pick me up. So I stopped at the LYS for a little fiber fix. And OMG did that work like a charm. I bought a skein of bright pink yarn Madelintosh Pop Rocks and decided I would pair that up with the remainder of a skein of Dream In Color Smooshy yarn in Happy Forrest. I’ve named them Watermelon. Well I went right home and balled up the yarn and cast on for the socks. I’m loving the color combo. I’ve knit three rows at top in the Green, then switched to the pink. I’ve decided to knit the cuff in the pink; which won’t be too big since I really like ankle socks much better. Then I’m thinking a couple more rows of green before I do the heel in pink. The foot is going green and the toes in pink. I think these are gonna be some fun little sockies!!

1 comment:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

The socks sound totally wonderful! I do so love watermelon. Glad you found a good pick-me-up!