Monday, July 28, 2008

July's February Lady Sweater

I did it! I finished my first sweater. It’s the February Lady Sweater. I used Knit Picks Shine in the terracotta color. It’s a cotton worsted weight yarn. I really like the sweater I think it looks good. I made the smallest size available on the pattern and went up a size in the needles to the size 9s. The only thing I question about mine is the width of the sleeves; the sleeves are pretty wide and I’m not sure I would repeat the sleeves the same way if I was to re-knit the sweater but even so I’m really happy with the results. The lace pattern is really nice. I’m thinking this might require some matching socks!!

I actually got the opportunity to wear the sweater which in the middle of the summer is an impressive feat in itself. My nephew’s birthday party was at an ice skating rink. It must have been my lucky day because I had just finished off the sweater the day before. No pics just yet though.

It did become apparent while knitting the cardigan that the yarn has some strong tendencies towards shedding. I noticed this fuzz layer accumulating all over my clothes. It almost looked like change of seasons in Fraggle Rock. So I gave the sweater a good washing and tired to dislodge any of those remaining stragglers. I have the sweater blocking but I’m thinking all that yarn and the damp air… it might take some time to dry and finally get some decent pictures.

And on the job front……..
Well over a month after I applied and the decision still has not been made on the position. I did at least get a call back to let me know this information though so I guess that’s better then sitting here waiting.

2 comments:

She Knits Socks said...

I'm still trying to get up the nerve to do my first sweater. You give me hope that it can be done.

Would you use the same yarn again, if you did it over? I'm not sure about knitting cotton.

Do you also knit socks? That is my downfall. It's all I can get myself to cast on.

Cinders said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I want to knit the february sweater too. I love all your lace. I adore lace knititng. it just doeasnt like me too much!!
hope you hear about the job soon.