Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday Weekly Whatnot

Clue 3 is out today. I guess I won’t be leaving the house for the next few days.

What’s on my needles?
Mystic Lights Shawl of course.

My Socks: My first pair of socks; these are the socks in the Dream in Color Smooshy yarn in Happy Forest. The yarn is great, love the colors. I’m making a little bit of progress too. I turned the heel on the first one last night. This being my first time and it being kinda late at night it took a few attempts. At first I struggled at picking up the stitches at the heel flap. So I tried it once, I tried it twice and then finally the correct number of stitches and the spacing looked good, so I was just about to knit the stitches for the instep when it hit me. I had picked up the stitches to the right instead of the left. So after all those attempts I still had to pull out the stitches and try again….on the other side of course.

What’s off my needles?
The Yoga Bag!!!! I finally finished up the Yoga bag and actually used it for class on Monday night. I’m fairly happy with the final result. I’m dissatisfied with the color combination of my mat and the bag. So I think I may buy a new mat (Less time then making a new bag plus I had my eye on a really nice one at the store….) I followed the pattern and used the length suggested for the strap only its too long and too stretchy so I’ll either have to rip back some of the strap to try and make it shorter or maybe re-make the strap or even try and tie it somehow. I’m really not too sure how I’ll solve this problem just yet.


What am I just longing to put on my needles?
I’m just dying to cast on that Shibui self striping sock yarn. I really really want to see how it looks knit up. But I’m going to practice a little self restraint and wait until I’ve finished the Dream in Color Socks before I cast on the Shibui.

No comments: