Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lots of hard work mixed with a little disappointment

So I’ve finished clue three and it’s feeling a little bitter sweet. I’m finding that I don’t have the stitch definition I would like. I see the other beautiful shawls being posted and I’m a little disappointed with my own. I like the yarn and I highly doubt that the yarn choice is to blame for the lack of stitch definition. I’m pretty sure that my lack of experience is at fault, but this being my first lace experience I’m trying to take it as a learning experience.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Blocking cures many bad feelings. I love your work, and am sure you will see more definition when you block the shawl later.

Bea said...

Don't despair, I think its really really lovely. I'm surprised its your first! Once you block it the design will pop more. Its amazing what a good dunk in water will do. If in the end you don't think it turned out as you wanted you can knit it again with experience rather then a first time.

Cathy said...

Hi,
Your shawl looks good. Many of the knitters in the group are pinning their projects prior to photographing them so that it shows the stich definition better. Wet blocking after it's finished will definitely make the lace visible. Only two clues to go!! :) Cathy

Peggy said...

Your yarn, knitting and stole are beautiful. I agree with everyone else, don't worry once blocked this shawl is going to be gorgeous.

ddknits said...

It's really lovely, & I agree with all the other comments. It's amazing what blocking can accomplish. You'll be ready to tackle your next lace project with all kinds of new knowledge.