Sunday, April 20, 2008

Finally Coming Around


I'm really starting to come around to my Mystic Lights Shawl. After finishing clue 4 I really am starting to like the progress. I've heard (and read) now numerous times (and from multiple sources) that the lace work won't truly pull together until it is blocked so I'm going to take everyone's word for this and keep trucking along. The good thing I suppose is that I'm starting to love the look even before the blocking....so hopefully I'll be even more ecstatic once that final blocking really shows off all that lace work. At the beginning of this clue I was very intimidated by the patterning on both sides of the piece but I found this to be no more difficult and in fact this clue took me the least amount of time to knit. All in all this has been a great knitting adventure.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Your shawl is looking just lovely!!!! Your yarn is so much like mine. I'm hoping to get started on clue 4 today sometime.

Bea said...

Its looking very pretty. I'm following along on yours to see if I will be knitting this or not. I haven't started yet and the last time I got this far behind I was glad for that because the final shawl was not to my liking, but after seeing your I totally want to knit this.

Marias garnhändelser said...

IT IS LOVELEY.
Blocking is when the shawl is born, now your just pregnant.

Eva i Halmstad said...

Like your yarn, and i like the shalw.
I will start on the last clue today.
Sorry my bad english.
Haqve a nice knitting.
Eva in Swedeen