Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wednesday Weekly Whatnot!!

What’s on my needles???

First Clue Mystic Lights KAL

I’ve finished the first clue in the Mystic Lights KAL. The pattern is just gorgeous. I’m finding it’s really slow going and I have to pay extremely close attention but I’m slowly pushing my way through. It’s been a lot of fun too. The second clue was released today so I hope to get going on that real soon.

The Yoga bag’s body is complete. Only I fear it’s falling into the pit of UFO’s. I still need to complete to strap before I can put it to good use. This all seems very familiar….market bag??? Someday I’ll have to spend an entire day just knitting the straps for all the bags I’ve already finished. I feel less guilty about this bag versus the Market bag though because I actually have started the strap and have a good 5 or 6 inches done. Only 23 more to go!! I hope to finish this up before Monday’s yoga class.




The Sock (or someday will be)




I’ve cast on my first pair of socks. I absolutely love the yarn. It’s Dream in Color Smooshy yarn in Happy Forrest color way which is a beautiful array of greens. I’m using the Basic Sock Pattern from the Getting Started Knitting Socks Book by Ann Budd. I’m using the 7 stitch per inch sock directions. I’ve decided to do a K3 P1 pattern, as suggested by Knitty Nora on her Podcast “Knitty Nora’s Knitting Natter”. It’s a nice break to switch from the Lace Shawl that requires so much attention to detail and careful knitting of each and every stitch, to the relaxing laid back knitting of the sock.

What’s off my needles??
Nothing ….just more on my needles.

I did get a new book and it’s fantastic. It’s Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby. I’m looking forward to several of the patterns for future projects.

Yarn Buys:
I got two pretty skeins of ShiBui Sock Fluids in Spectrum 51301 as well as two skeins of Araucania Ranco in teal. I bought both at the Brand New Location just opened today Sit-n-Knit in Bloomfield CT. The store is great!! The new location has a much bigger store and a great new selection of yarns.

SHIBUI

Ranco





And that’s all for this weeks update.

No comments: