Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gretel, Ohio and more...

So I have a FO to share. I started and completed my Gretel Slouchy hat. I love the pattern, but my tiny head is not fitting in the hat so good. It's just a little too big. But I can still wear it and I will. The pattern is beautiful, but you have to HAVE TO read the directions carefully. I had it happen a couple times where I didn't read the directions as good as I should have and had to tink back. But it still is a nice looking hat.

I also finished the Punk Rocker Girl Socks. I love them. But the weathers been a little too warm still to use my hand knit socks. I think in a couple weeks I'll be wearing more and more of my creations.

I've started the Green Gables (mines a Golden Gable) hooded pull over from Vogue knitting fall magazine. I love it. I've got through the first pattern repeat and the sweater is about 8inches or so. It's knitting up fast and not too difficult, however the pattern and key had some issues but once I checked out the errata it was all good. The yarn is cool and funky and knits to gauge beautifully.

I've not been blogging recently for a couple reasons. Firstly I got sick. So for three or so days I was in rough shape. Then once I got better I had to go to Ohio on business. The trip went well and the training I gave was great and provided a little time one day for some sight seeing. So I've attached a lovely picture of one of the lighthouses on Lake Erie.

News: I've got a message from one of the members of the SnB that this weekend the farmers market in Coventry is having a "Fiber Twist" so there will be vendors with fiber goodies. I think I'll head out for a look and hopefully some good local treats. I like being able to get locally grown produce.

1 comment:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! Great FOs!