Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sock Sock Sock


So lately I've been knitting socks. I realized today that I've neglected to post pictures of my socks. The last pair of socks I finished (by finished I mean finished both socks) was the watermelon socks. These socks are made from the remains of the Dream in Color Smooshy sock yarn in the Happy Forrest Color way with some Madelentosh in Pop Rocks. I really like them. I wanted a shorty sock and I finished these back in the middle of summer so these were my summer socks.



Then I cast on for my Firelights socks. These are on hold but I really am liking the progress. I've used a braided cable up the sides with 5" cuffs and Cherry Tree Hill Brights sock yarn in a color way that almost matches my Mystic Lights Shawl.

I've been working now on the Lady Punk Rocker Socks. These are using the Madelintosh Pop Rocks yarn with a simple black sock yarn for a funky rocker punky look. I love them!! I've finish one so far. I kinda hit a road block when life threw me an opportunity I couldn't refuse. But I'm plugging away on the socks and it shouldn't be too much more. I took the idea from a pattern in Stitch and Bitch Nation. Only I've done simple 6" cuff socks and the Pattern is for leg warmers.

1 comment:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Great job! I especially love the green and pink watermelon ones!