Monday, September 29, 2008

Pumpkins, Cactus and Succulents


My littlest niece turned two last week and for her birthday I decided to knit her a hat. So feeling the fall I went with a pumpkin hat. It was a quick little knit with a simple rolled brim pattern and a 7 X 1 ribbing. I did adjust the pattern to decrease alternately between K2Tog (just before left side purl) and SSK (just after purl on right side). I felt so funny, well almost ashamed, buying the yarn for this project but it was the colors that looked the best for the pattern. It's Lion brand 100% Wool in Pumpkin and Patons Merino Wool in Olive Green. But I do have to admit the colors work really well.
The thing that I found the weirdest about making the childs size hat is that the average 2 year old's head is 19". What's so odd about that? I measured my head and it's 20". I thought that was just insane that a two year olds head is just 1" smaller then my own.


Not so much knitting but....I think they're really cool. I took some pictures this weekend of my newest cactus and my Lithops (Living Stones).

Cactus


3 Lithops aka Living Rocks

1 comment:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

I've always loved that hat pattern! I hope she loves it.