Monday, September 22, 2008

When Knitting Fights Back

This is my second (see below for the details about the first) Mystic Earth Swatch on Size 4 Bamboo needles.
Well I had a really rough night on Thursday. Well my day was great, I had a fantastic day at work. That isn't that common either, but I did have a spectacular day at work. Then I went home all excited to swatch out my Mystic Earth Swatch and that is when trouble began. I did the entire swatch on size 3 needles and was binding off when I realized the BO was way too tight so I began to undo the BO but the combination of the metal needles and super fine lace weight yarn made for a disaster. Stitches dropped and the Swatch died. It completely unraveled before my sad eyes.

So, very frustrated for spending a couple hours on that I decided to pick up the sweater and calm myself with a little sweater knitting....and disaster strikes again. I accidentally repeated two rows in the pattern. Now I was on the edge of tears. I took the needles out of the sweater and pulled out the two rows of knitting to get back to were the pattern was correct.


(Corrected Sweater)

All in all not a great knitting night. But I survived.


1 comment:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

I hate when that happens! I'm glad you survived!