Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year, New Blogger, New FOs

New Year New Blogger or I hope to be at least a little better then I have been recently. It’s been almost two whole months since I last posted. I feel guilty. I don’t know how it happened. I don’t want to make any ambitious goals for 2009 like I’m going to blog everyday, or three post a week for ‘09’ since I don’t want to force myself into blog slavery (blogavery) but I do want to have a better track record with posting items. So I’m just going to aim to be a better blogger. Period.


What’s off my sticks:

I’ve completed two Habitat hats (his and hers). The pattern was great and the end results are fantastic. I love mine. I used the Homestead Farms yarn for mine in pinkish shades. For the “his” I used the Manos in a charcoal color. For the man’s version I used the longer M/L version of the pattern. I have to give the pattern two very enthusiastic thumbs up. I love it! Love It!


I finished my first pull over sweater. I finally finished my Golden (Green) Gables Hoodie (without the hoodie). I decided I would never wear the hood up and I looked at a lot of the FO’s and decided I wasn’t loving the look of the hood when the hood was down….so I left it off. I really am pretty pleased. My only issue is with the sleeves. I had tighter tension on the sleeves since I used the magic loop method. Only I did not check the gauge again since I had gotten gauge the entire body piece. So the arms are snugger then I would like. Certainly not too tight to wear or even uncomfortable; it’s just that I cannot wear anything under the sweater that is too bulky. I did wear the sweater for Christmas people were surprised that it was a handmade sweater so I’m thinking that’s about as good as you can hope for. I think when it comes too all my hand knit items that is what I strive for, store bought appearance.

I also finished some think men’s worsted weight socks using the Ann Budd Pattern for the Ladders for Life. They are from what I hear very warm and get used daily. I’m pretty sure that it’s a good sign when the item is worn daily. It was an easy pattern, very easy to memorize and when it comes to socks that is really what I’m looking for. I like patterns on the socks but I don’t like to have to have the pattern in front of me at all times and constantly be paying attention to the pattern. So these were great. But I have to say I would not knit this pattern for me or any women for that matter. The pattern has a very masculine look and feel to it, which was great since it was in fact for a man.

On the needles: Titled Duster, Snowy Cabled Socks, and Irish Hiking Scarf more of this to come later.



No comments: