Monday, January 5, 2009

2009 Sock Kal


I’ve decided to join the 2009 sock kal. Although I’m not sure that I’m going to be in this for the full 12 month knitting since some of the months don’t get me all hot and bothered. So the agenda for the year is as follows

January : Red/Pink socks

February : Socks for a Cause/Charity

March : Lace socks

April : UFO socks

May : Cable socks

June : Green socks

July : New technique socks

August : Send a Skein

September : Unsocks

October : Pick something from my stash socks

November : Knitty pattern

December : Pick a designer month (tbd)


I’m actually excited to get the ball rolling on this one. I went over the weekend and bought some Casacade 220 in a pretty pink color for the January Red/Pink socks. I’ve chosen the travelers sock pattern which I found through Ravelry. I really like the pattern. I just think that I would like the socks to be just a little longer since these are my house/slipper/all the time feet keeping warm socks and I plan on changing the pattern to cuff down though. I did a gauge swatch and once I pick up an extra needle tonight on my way home I’ll be good to go on these.


So I’m definitely doing the January socks. February not so much, March sounds good. I’ve got some pretty Madelinetosh yarn that I think would be great in Lace or if I’m feeling super fancy I would love some more of the Jitterbug yarn. I love love love the feel of the socks I’ve just made with that yarn. I think after March I’ll have to see what happens. I love the idea of the year of socks and all that goodness, I just don’t know if I want to spend all my time knitting socks.

No comments: