Friday, May 23, 2008

ipod sock = Instant Gratification

Well I guess it’s as instant as you can get with knitting. With knitting nothing happens all that quickly. First there is the process of picking out the pattern, shopping for yarn and then the time consuming act of actually knitting up the object. But with this little project I decided to make the ipod sock on Tuesday and was done on Wednesday. It felt like instant gratification. The yarn’s look is growing on me now too. I used Noro cotton wool blend and its kind of a lumpy and bumpy yarn. I like the gradual color shifts and I’m thinking I might use the rest of this ball for more ipod socks too. I mean you can never have too many ipod socks right.

Ipod Sock Pattern

Yarn: Noro Matsuri Colorway 5
Needles: Size 3 DPNS

Cast on 40 Stitches and divide evenly over three needles.
Pattern: K3 P1 Ribbing
Knit pattern until piece measures 5 inches or until desired length.

Knit the First 20 stitches, continuing the ribbing pattern on to needle 1 and the remaining 20 stitches on to a second needle. Cut yarn leaving a long tail approximately 20 inches. Using a Kitchener stitch, graft together the bottom of the sock. Weave in ends.

For a little extra security I used a closure clip and the extra yarn from the cast on to create a small drawstring closure about ¾” from the cast on edge, weaving the yarn in and out of the 4 stitch pattern.

No comments: